A few words about Malyaban…
Performed over 1000 solo performances, Malyaban Chatterjee is an extremely talented vocal musician who has created a huge impact in the world of Hindustani Classical Music. Malyaban started his initial training at the tender age of five under Sri Sunil Neogi, a foremost disciple of Pandit Narayan Rao Joshi. Later he had the priviledge of receiving extensive taleem from Pandit Manas Chakraborty. Recipient of prestigious “JADUBHATTA AWARD” ,malyaban performed both in India and abroad extensively .
Malyaban presents a vocal style with crystal-clear, precision-oriented tunefulness, an impressively graceful style, a disciplined, systematic and methodical raga development, an elegantly elaborate alap and skilful decoration of sargam and taans.
To put it in his own words:
I aim to retain the cultural heritage and knowledge of North Indian Classical Raga Music by being a top-class performer as Classical Music Vocalist and Trainer so that accurate knowledge of Raga music can be spread throughout the world.
Malyaban’s traveled UK consecutively for 17 years( 2003 to 2019)
This website endeavours to elaborate the works of this genius.
- Saptak Music Festival (Ahmedabad)
- Annual Conference of West Bengal State Music Academy
- Ustad Allaudin Khan Sangeet Samaraho (Maihar)
- Nikhil Banerjee Memorial Conference
- Salt Lake Music Festival
- Ramakrishna Math & Mission, Belur Math
- Ramakrishna Math (Lucknow)
- Uttarpara Sangeet Sanmelan (Kolkata)
- Lucknow Ramakrishna Mission
- Vrindavan Ramakrishna Ashram
- All India Music Conference
- Ramkrishna Mission ,Institute of Culture(Golpark)
Every music has a story
Music is generally defined as the art of arranging sound to create some combination of form, harmony, melody, rhythm or otherwise expressive content. Exact definitions of music vary considerably around the world, though it is an aspect of all human/ societies, a cultural universal.